The purpose and responsibilities of the Advisory Group is to provide input, feedback and support to develop and rollout the World Cancer Day campaign. They also review World Cancer Day materials and messaging as, and when they are developed.
Members of the Advisory Group are invited to participate because of their expertise, interest and/or working knowledge of developing a marketing and communications plan for a global event.
The current World Cancer Day Advisory Group (WCDAG) consists of the following members:
- American Cancer Society (USA)
- Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (Canada)
- Cancer Council Australia/Victoria (Australia)
- Cancer Patient Aid Association (India)
- Deutsche Krebshilfe (Germany)
- Dutch Cancer Society (Netherlands)
- Equal Right to Life (Russia)
- Instituto Nacional de Câncer - National Cancer Institute of Brazil - INCA (Brazil)
- King Hussein Cancer Foundation (Jordan)
- Ligue contre le cancer (France)
- Lymphoma Coalition - (Canada)
- St Jude Children's Research Hospital (USA)
- World Cancer Research Fund International (UK)